This is going to be a short one…

How Not to Form Habits

According to Lally et al. in How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real worldit takes between 18 to 254 days to completely form a habit.

So what I am saying is, that not playing guitar over Thanksgiving weekend is not an effective way to form the habit. Especially when you continue not playing guitar into the next week. In fairness to me, I was at my partner’s parent’s house over Thanksgiving and they all know how to play at least one instrument. Joking aside, the point of this is to make sure that I continue to push through and play most days a week. I have been using my schooling and work as an excuse to not play but realistically, my plan is only to play 15 minutes a day. So it should be within my abilities to do it. Now, the issue is just taking the time to remember I need to do it as opposed to thinking because of school and work I can’t do it.

The Positives

Following the lesson plan made by Justin Guitar, I am eligible to move on to the next level. I plan to take the time to brush up on my guitar playing before I do move on to the next level. Thanks for reading, and by the time I get back to you hopefully I will also be all over the G & E chords!