As things start to pick up in this class, there are numerous different resources we have been expected to sign up for and begin to get a feel for. So, for my first weekly reflection, I think it would be smart to reflect on my different experiences trying to get the hang of all these resources.

Trello and Hypothesis have the potential to be very useful if I use them to their full potential. The ability for fellow students to edit my work on Hypothesis has already been invaluable to these blogs so far. My pod and I have been keeping tabs on each other’s blogs, editing, and commenting through hypothesis and I have really enjoyed it thus far. Similarly, my Trello board for the Free Inquiry project has helped keep me on task. I can even imagine myself making Trello boards for all my other classes, but we will see if I get there.

Mattermost and WordPress are two resources that feel very familiar to me. I have had to use WordPress for classes on many different occasions so it is nice to not be too behind on one of these resources. However, I do feel like my skill with WordPress is pretty basic and I would like to get more acquainted with some of WordPress’s features. Although I have never used Mattermost before it is very similar to Discord and was very intuitive.

FlipGrid and Twitter have yet to really be used for me so far. There has not been much need in class for FlipGrid just yet. Regarding Twitter, I am still undecided about how open I am to use it for this class. However, during our first pod meeting, one of my pod-mates gave some good reasons to do so. So perhaps there will be an @AustonNeveuEd coming to you soon??

So far, the technological hurdles in this class have got less overwhelming quickly, which is great considering how worried I was the first week. Outside of this class, I keep learning new resources too! In EDCI 352 Rich McCue (who is teaching another section of EDCI 336) taught us about Twine and Unsplash. If there’s anything I have learned about this program and presumably teaching as a whole, we need to be able to adapt to new resources and changing technologies. Thus far, I have enjoyed the technological resources I have been given, and hopefully, next week that feeling will continue to persevere over the potentially overwhelming scope of this program.